Author Topic: Terrain/Weather on mech performance  (Read 2314 times)

Bren

Terrain/Weather on mech performance
« on: December 30, 2008, 01:19:35 AM »
Okay, I\'ll bite.  Here\'s an idea:

Mechs and pilot ability could be greatly influenced by the terrain/weather conditions.   For instance, a mech\'s vision and sound sensors\' effectiveness could be lowered by sand and wind (in a desert environment); nighttime missions could be carried out using infrared/heat sensors, etc.

X-TremeTrav

• Mission/Level Designer
    • http://x-tremepcsinc.net
RE: Terrain/Weather on mech performance
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 04:21:16 AM »
Quote from: \'Bren\' pid=\'64\' dateline=\'1230603575\'

Mechs and pilot ability could be greatly influenced by the terrain/weather conditions.   For instance, a mech\'s vision and sound sensors\' effectiveness could be lowered by sand and wind (in a desert environment); nighttime missions could be carried out using infrared/heat sensors, etc.

That is very true, we are looking into the small details prior to a public release. but to do so takes time. we are trying to get all the bugs and details worked out slowly so that we dont get a game that looks like it went through a blender. \" if you want something done right, then do it right the first time. Time has no boundries on success\"

Are you Satisfied? If yes then give me some rep.

Elta

• Coder
  • Administrator
    • Mech Warfare
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 08:02:23 AM »

Nice idea, I\'ll look into it.
I won\'t give it a real high priority for now,  i have some other things on my plate right now. :-/
But your suggestion is noted!

csana555

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 03:52:44 PM »
Quote from: \'X-TremeTrav\' pid=\'75\' dateline=\'1230614476\'

That is very true, we are looking into the small details prior to a public release. but to do so takes time. we are trying to get all the bugs and details worked out slowly so that we dont get a game that looks like it went through a blender. \" if you want something done right, then do it right the first time. Time has no boundries on success\"

But blender is good:
www.blender.org :D hehe